Rules for the Critical Cartoon Competition on Education in Emergencies
Article 1: Purpose of the competition
LomanArt and the Group of Organizers of the I Symposium on Education in Emergencies are organizing a critical cartoon competition on education in emergencies, open to all amateur and professional artists, with no age or nationality limits. The competition objectives are :
- Raising awareness of the challenges of education in emergencies situations expressively and artistically.
- Promote critical reflection on issues and solutions related to Education in Emergency Situations.
- Promote dialogue and exchange between participants, experts and those involved in emergency education.
Article 2: Competition theme
The theme of the competition is Education in Emergencies (ESU). Participants are asked to create a critical cartoon that illustrates the issues involved in Emergency Education. The Cartoon competition will focus on the following themes:
- the importance of the sector;
- critical views on the reality of the sector;
- challenges and opportunities in the sector.
Article 3: Terms of participation
- Participants must submit their work to the official email@example.com e-mail address by NOV 27, 2023.
- The work must be accompanied by a written description of no more than 500 words explaining the message behind the cartoon.
- Works must be in JPEG or PNG format and no larger than 5 MB.
- Participants must submit an original cartoon related to Education in Emergencies: the importance of the sector; critical views on the reality of the sector; challenges and opportunities in the sector.
- Works can be created by hand or digitally.
- Participants must send a biography of the artist (max. 150 words) and a photo.
- Anyone can enter the competition. Entrants may submit several drawings, but no more than three per designer.
Article 4: Jury
The jury is made up of specialists in comics and illustration, as well as emergency education professionals. Entries will be judged on artistic quality, message relevance and originality.
Article 5: Announcement of results
Competition results will be announced on December 11, 2023 on the ESU Symposium and Loman Art websites, and winners will be contacted by e-mail.
Article 6: Prizes
The first three winners will be rewarded as follows:
- First prize: CFA 200,000
- Second prize: FCFA 65,000
- Third prize: CFA 30,000
But that's not all! The exceptional works of the competition winners will be showcased at the Symposium on Education in Emergencies in Dakar, with an exhibition at LomanArt and FASTEF UCAD.
In addition, the best works will be published in the ESU Symposium website and disseminated in a number of publications and communication media related to education in emergencies.
Article 7: Copyright
Participants retain copyright on their work, but agree that Loman Art and other event partners may use their work to promote the contest and satirical art, as well as publication may be made when related to the event.
Article 8: Acceptance of the rules
Participation in the competition implies full acceptance of the present rules. All questions relating to the interpretation of these rules will be decided by LomanArt.